"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Aikido? what's that?
Monday, December 04, 2006,1:42 PM
News... kinda late.. i know...
BACK INTO MY OWN SELF!!!!!!!

Hi there!
how's everybody?
well i have to admit that i'm (finally) getting into a great phase in my aikido's life: i'm teaching with a friend of mine in a dojo and even thou i feel more insecure than ever in the classes i can feel that maybe something's changing... i feel like i'm finally getting into my own self back again. Last year was quite ful and i was almost wanting the time to go faster (almost) so that i could think that that was nothing but a bad dream... Well, i cannot say things are perfect (i sure need a LOOOOOOOOOOOT more to develop) but i feel in (more) harmony with myself...

Yeah, maybe the weather will smile back at me maybe not... while i'll fell this feeling towards me and my life i can say: welcome back 'ol me! :D

Classes... Well i was always the kind of person who told that at ths moment i'm too much "green" toteach someone... anyway i was convinced to (hum... it was that or i would not do aikido that soon :( ) and now, even thou sometimes i feel things are not 100% like i say i try to say it... Not the best option for sure but it's the only i have now... Well most time rather prefer to teach something i at least 70% sure about it... Gosh i'm comletly fresh in it what do you want me to do? Well one thing i'm sure: i'm giving my best! the first week was quite great at least for me: the class was with 3 students all new and bright white! i loved it for sure... (it was one of my best time in Aikido and i still remember it with a sweet feeling...) On that week my 4 years old cousin wanted to join so i let her... at first she was really afraid of mae ukemi (fall)... normal i guess and i couldn't force it. So i let her enjoy some tsuki (punch) and shomen (strike to the head)! on the 3 classes she was denying herself to do it as well so i made her do the bolinha (little ball in portuguese which consist in rolling back and sideways). She was having lots of fun and after, at the 6th class (last week) she invited some friends of her to come as well. I was completly petrified (of joy) when i saw her doing it... i know it was not because of me but to show her friends she was able to do it but she did it: she surpassed her fears! :D well i for sure won my day and maybe that helped me to achive today's mood. I think even thou i'm not able to know everything i'm able to teach some things. Even thou i'm not able to correct some things, i'll do my best to help them to achive something.

HUgs to everybody...
Aline

ps. i'll try to bring my cousin's photo so you can see it for yourself... She's so sweet! ;)
 
posted by 100 AsssunTTo | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Mathieu

    Great new look for the blog.

    Teaching! GREAT!

    have loads of fun doing it.

    I'm cheering!

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Jill

    Our club has a lot of branch, so one of the place I go for karate, it is a recent black belt that teach us(I do not remember how to call him, I know it's something that almost sound like shampoo!)
    He did have an hard time the first couple of pratices, but now he is doing great!! And I think he is so proud of us!!

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger 100 AsssunTTo

    in my opinion the hardest thing is to open a new dojo where people ever heard about it. As soon as it gets people, everything will depend of the teacher... that's the thing that most terrified me before... I think every teacher has a bit of proud for their students. it's quite sweet the feeling that in my case, even thou they know i'm still developing they are still there.. t least trying with me... :) that makes me happy...

    HUgs
    Ali